Terrible Lizards™ » Dinosaur Forum
Terrible Lizards™
Terrible Lizards™  »  Extinction
Extinction
sjan
Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:51 pm Reply with quote
There have been mass extinctions throughout the history of the Earth. Probably the most famous is the extinction that finally saw the end of the dinosaurs 65 million years ago. It wasn't just the dinosaurs that died out in this extinction. Whatever caused the death of the dinosaurs also caused the death of around 70% of all of the species on the Earth. Even though the dinosaurs had been in a period of decline, it is thought that their recovery was prevented by some sort of catastrophic event. There are many theories about why the dinosaurs finally became extinct.

The two main theories are the asteroid and volcano theories.

A huge asteroid or comet, perhaps miles in diameter, hit the Earth. The result of such an impact would be an enormous explosion that would throw dust clouds into the sky, darkening the planet. This would cool the planet causing the climatic changes observed.

Some scientists suspect that volcanic activity may have caused the dinosaurs' demise. In the several million years preceding the extinction event, volcanoes in what is now India were extremely active. These eruptions might have released climate-altering gases and materials into the air. These would have included dust and sulphuric particles that would have blocked sunlight cooling the planet.

richellemedina
Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:53 am Reply with quote
Cretaceous extinction event, which occurred at about 65.5 million years ago there was a mass extinction of plant and animal species, a short period of time from a geological perspective. Seller in the case of the extinction of K associated with the signing of geological known KT boundary is usually a thin band of sediment can be found all over world.Some Scientists suspect that volcanic activity may have caused the death of 'the dinosaurs. In several million years before the extinction event that volcanoes in what is now in India was very active. These explosions may be released climate change gases and substances in the air. Can be accompanied by dust particles and sulfuric acid, which could block the sunlight cooling the planet.
grapetakeoff
Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Feel like I'm reading a lot about it. I do not know you took this great information sources from where is it?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
funcoins
Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:20 pm Reply with quote
I think this has to be the only real theory, since not only were dinosaurs on land wiped out, terrible lizards in the oceans also died out.

However, I am not sure it explains birds as they would seemingly take a long time to evolve.
Urassaya
Posted: Mon May 09, 2016 1:39 am Reply with quote
web terriblelizards What I also find the registration page.

Page 1 of 1